The concept of being able to individually remove each segment sounds good; but it does have some major drawbacks in reality:
Typically Floorex has not utilised ‘knock-in shoes’ for several very good reasons.
- The consumption of diamond use on newly re-installed shoes will be higher for the first while until they bed in again. You could lose up to 5-10% each time you change them
- Often, even with knock on shoes they take around 2-3 times as longer to change.
- If you want flat floors, you will achieve flatter floors with discs every time (all other things being equal).
- Once you wear a set of shoes to a certain point you cannot just add another two segments as they will for certain be a different height meaning you will have to keep sets together, You might as well have a single disc holding them together.
- By using 175mm discs on most of the satellite machines, if you were to ever have an incomplete set you can use them on hand grinders.
- Using converter plate or adaptor plate on the Satellite or Meteor 250 Machines is not recommended and could lead to voiding your warranty