Sika® Eco Prep n Prime is a unique, solvent free, flexible primer specifically designed with enhanced adhesion properties for use on metallic, smooth, dense and non-porous surfaces. ECO PREP ‘N’ PRIME is a safe alternative to hazardous solvent-based primers and etching products, to enable and improve the adhesion of a wide range of coatings, waterproofing membranes and tile adhesives over non-absorbent surfaces.
- Priming over galvanised iron, zincalume, stainless steel, copper, brass and most metals.
- Priming over glazed tiles to enable re-tiling without etching or grinding.
– Priming over vinyl tiles and laminates.
- Priming over acrylic and oil-based painted surfaces.
- Priming over dense concrete.
- Priming over PVC and rigid plastics.
- Priming over epoxy coatings.
- Priming general non-porous and shiny surfaces.
- Fast drying and flexible.
- No mixing – single component.
- No wastage.
- Solvent free, non flammable and non hazardous.
- Suitable for internal and external applications.
- Easy application with a brush or roller.
- Cures to a keyed finish.
- Excellent alternative to mechanical grinding and acid etching surfaces
All surfaces must be clean, dry, free from dust, grease, wax, oil, laitance, curing compounds, release agents, paint,
coatings, friable material, and all other contaminants likely to prevent the ECO SYSTEMSTM ECO PREP ‘N’ PRIME
bonding. Flexible building boards such as fibrous cement sheeting and plasterboard must be fixed in accordance
with the manufacturer’s printed directions. Where necessary, wipe down the substrate with a damp sponge to
remove any dust or foreign matter prior to the application of ECO SYSTEMSTM ECO PREP ‘N’ PRIME.
and screeds must be allowed to cure for a minimum of 7 days per 25mm thickness. Concrete must be allowed to
cure for a minimum of 28 days. All substrate surfaces must be secure and continuous, and all voids and gaps must
be filled. Ensure all metal surfaces are free from rust and oxidisation film. Painted surfaces must be sound and free
of loose and flaky paint.